Looking back at my previous blog post, I realize how much different I'm feeling right now. I was so depressed and feeling lost, but now I feel very confident again. The importance of applying the baby steps principle proves itself over and over again. That's exactly what I did. I didn't jump into the Omega Race code to modify it at all. All I did at first, just organize it into C# regions to separate the fields, the properties, the constructors, the public/private/protected methods, and the XNA Update() and Draw() methods. This step although it was very trivial made me feel much better, and helped me tremendously when I actually started modifying and refactoring the code.
Now the game is working in System Link networking mode, I still have to do this prediction and dead-reckoning. I hope it won't take much time as I really don't have much at all. There're lots of things that need to be done, the PDF documentations of each assignment, studying for the final exam, and the HUGE animation system for GAM 575 ... Thinking about this only makes me feel too tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment