Saturday, May 11, 2013

Feeling Overwhelmed!

Over the past couple of weeks, I dedicated myself to the FBX converter that I was writing for my other class I'm currently taking. That task wasn't easy or fun at all, although honestly I felt very satisfied when I completed it. It just depleted a lot of my energy. Nevertheless it's not time to rest yet. Now that I woke up from that FBX bad dream, I found myself having to:
  • refactor a game that I didn't write.
  • make that game data driven.
  • convert the game into multiplayer.
  • start the preparation for the research paper required for this class.
Overwhelming!!

I have two problems here. First, the fear of the UNKNOWN; that is, I don't know what I should do to make that game data driven and ready for multiplayer. I have already studied XNA network-related stuff and took some good notes. Now it's time to put them into practice, but how? Where should I start? I have no idea. I probably should just start and I will then be able to figure it out, but I'm really feeling exhausted.

The second problem is that the FBX nightmare isn't over yet. It's just going to get worse when we start to extract animation data. This will mean more exhaustion!
This next month will probably be very hard. I think need the baby-steps principle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment